This policy was last updated on 12 November 2018.
Buy Nutritionals Direct is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
What is the Purpose of this Policy?
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding how we handle information we learn about you from your visit to the Web site.
Who are We?
Buy Nutritionals Direct is an official Independent Distributor of USANA Health Sciences. We are a full-service speciality retailer and direct marketer of USANA nutritionals products including multivitamins, weight management, and personal care products. Our Web site at https://www.buynutritionals.co.uk/ is operated by Buy Nutritionals Direct, Inc. We are incorporated in the state of Ohio in the USA and our registered office is at 46-E Peninsula Center Dr. Suite 528, Rolling Hills Estates, CA, USA.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We obtain information about you when you use our Web site, for example: (i) when you fill in forms on our site, subscribe to any service, request further services, or contact us about USANA products and services; (ii) if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and (iii) we collect details of your visits to our Web site including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access. If you are a customer we will obtain information when you sign up with us as a customer during the course of our interactions with each other as part of that relationship.
From time to time, Buy Nutritionals Direct may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page and which hyperlinks, if any, they "click" on. We collect this information through the use of "cookies" and other tracking technologies, which are discussed in greater detail below. We collect this information in order to determine which areas of the Site are most popular and to enhance the Site for visitors. Buy Nutritionals Direct may also group demographic and preferences information and responses to surveys that we collect from visitors into aggregate data for the same purposes. However, please be assured that this aggregate data will not be disclosed together with your Personal Information under these circumstances.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. Web servers, the computers that "serve up" web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We may link the information we record using tracking technologies to Personal Information we collect at the Site for our own internal marketing and advertising efforts. However, we do not share this Personal Information with third parties. In addition, we may use IP addresses and other tracking technologies to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce the Site's policies, to protect the Site, our customers or others, or when we believe in good faith that the law or judicial requires it.
Here are examples of Cookies we use:
1) Session Cookies: These cookies allow our Site to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They are used for a variety of reasons such as remembering what a user has put into their shopping basket as they browse around a site. We use these cookies to speed up the Site and allow you to use our site in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenientThese cookie are essential for our site to do the following.
2) Persistent Cookies: These cookies are stored on a users’ device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users’ preferences , products, and choices when using our Site.
3) First and Third Party Cookies: A ‘first’ or ‘third’ party cookie refers to the website or domain placing the cookie. First party cookies in basic terms are cookies set by our website visited by the user - the website displayed in the URL window (www.buynutritionals.co.uk).
Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other www.buynutritionals.co.uk. If a user visits our website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website this would be a third party cookie. In this case we are using a third-party company called Google to use Analytics to collect anonymous traffic data for purposes of optimizing and tailoring our Site for you and other Site visitors. Analytics uses a technology called "tracer tags". These may also be referred to as "Clear GIFs" or "Web Beacons". This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit and collect information about how visitors use our Site.
Want to know more about cookies? Visit the United Kingdom's Information Commissioners Office website at: www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies
Cookies help us to improve our Web site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for our Web site to operate.
The Kind of Information We Hold About You
The Ways We Use Information
We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of a contract with you, for example for the processing or fulfilment of orders for our products or services, and to comply with our legal obligations. (including any customary follow-up or confirmation communications regarding such purchases), process your catalog requests, establish an account for you, respond to your questions or send e-mails to our mailing list subscribers.
We may also use Personal Information to ensure compliance with our policies and applicable law. We use your e-mail address as a customer identifier on the Site. In addition, we may send you periodic communications by e-mail or regular mail, such as product updates, special promotional offers or information on our products or services which may be of interest to you. If you later wish to opt-out of receiving such promotional communications from us at any time, simply follow the instructions in the Privacy Preferences/Opt Out/Right to Withdraw Section.
Situations in which we will use your personal information
We may use your personal information, in order to:
- ensure that content from our Web site is presented in the most effective manner;
- send you the latest information about our company, events and product specials, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- seek your opinions on the services we provide;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us (including to process, fulfil and notify you of your product order status);
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- notify you about changes to our products or services.
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. We are not in the business of selling your personal information to third parties.
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
Where permitted by the provisions of applicable law, Buy Nutritionals Direct may share such information from time to time with the following third parties:
- Other entities within the Buy Nutritionals Direct group and those employees, directors and managers of Buy Nutritionals Direct and its local and foreign associated/affiliated companies who have a need to access your personal information in carrying out their responsibilities; and
- Any agent, contractor, supplier, vendor, or third party service providers who provides administrative, payment processing, IT, marketing, printing, shipping, fulfilment, web-tools, fraud prevention or other services to USANA or its affiliated companies. Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, security, insurance and accounting services.
- Any Associates in the applicable sales organisation so that they can carry on their USANA business.
- Internal Revenue Service, regulators and others who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Please note that you may have cookies placed on your computer by third party websites that refer you to the Site. Although we do not share your Personal Information with these third party websites, they may be able to link certain non-personally identifiable information we transfer to them with Personal Information they previously collected from you. Please review the privacy policies of each website you visit to better understand their privacy practices. In addition, Buy Nutritionals Direct would like to inform you that anytime you click on links (including advertising banners), which take you to third party websites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies.
While we support the protection of our customer's privacy on the Internet, Buy Nutritionals Direct expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions.
What about other third parties?
We may share your personal information with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal information with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
Transferring information outside of the EU
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have operations. Buy Nutritionals Direct is based outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in the USA and your personal data will be transferred to and processed in the USA. The USA is not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data, but Buy Nutritionals Direct will process your personal data in the USA in compliance with EU data protection legislation.
Many of our external third party data processors are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may either use the above contracts approved by the European Commission or we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU–U.S. Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
We have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the accidental loss, misuse, access and/or alteration of the information you provide. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so. Further, when you place an order online providing us with personal information, such as name, address, and credit card details and national ID number, you are automatically on our secure server.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected which retention period is determined by the nature and duration of your relationship with us. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances Buy Nutritionals Direct may anonymize or pseudonymise the personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case USANA may use such information without further notice to you.
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure, and Restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes and of which we need to be made aware.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive details of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please click here or, alternatively, contact use, using the contact details below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if any request made by you is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to Privacy Preferences/Opt-Out/Withdraw Consent
You can change or update your Personal Information on the Site by accessing your account page. Buy Nutritionals Direct also offers you control over your privacy preferences through a request submitted at our unsubscribe page, where you can request to not receive promotional materials from us. You have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing. You may update these preferences at any time. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed.
If you do not want to receive promotional e-mails from Buy Nutritionals Direct, please follow one of the three options below:
1. If you do not want to receive promotional e-mails when registering for an account then do not check the box that asks whether you would like to receive e-mail updates about our new features, services and special offers. We will not send you any promotional information via e-mail. However, you will continue to receive non-promotional e-mails from us, such as order confirmations.
2. You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional e-mails at any time by using the unsubscribe page. Click here to unsubscribe now. Enter your email address and press submit. This will notify us to add your email address to our opt-out list and you will no longer receive any of our promotional emails. However, you will continue to receive non-promotional e-mails from us, such as order confirmations.
3. When you receive a promotional e-mail from Buy Nutritionals Direct, it will contain a link that allows you to stop the delivery of e-mail messages from us. If you decide to use this opt-out link, you will no longer receive special offers, valuable coupons, new product introductions and health and wellness information from Buy Nutritionals Direct; however, you will continue to receive non-promotional e-mails from us, such as order confirmations.
4. You may also unsubscribe from receiving promotional e-mails at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
Questions Regarding this Policy/Data Protection